Current problems of the biomass is the vast majority of the sources of biomass are based in and around the forestation (mainly wood), you may encounter the following issues:
- Negative Impacts on the climate as a result of the felling of trees.
- Quantity / Agriculture: deforestation makes it impossible to change the energy source.
- Time of growth: as most of the biomass sources (trees, agricultural. Etc.. ) require longer times of growth, many hectares should be planted to ensure a sufficient supply for one full year.
- Quality / Kcal per ton: depending on the type of wood, the energy produced (kcal) can go but shipped from a convenient location to economically unviable.
- Standardization: is almost impossible create a standardized process that can generate an offer relatively constant in terms of quantity and quality.
Productivity per unit or planted per hectare: in most of the bullrings, measured productivity in tons per hectare is very low. As a result, many hectares may have misjudged values, the judgment call for such a planning would call for long term investments. This type of planting, or much forestation should be harvested to supply the demand. Which is not of the greater concern?