After 7 years of investigation on different biomass, we have found a possible solution: The plant Nocotinana Glauca.
This plant provides us with a solution that the requirements and overcomes the problems mentioned previously.
The plant Nocotinana Glauca featuring the following:
- Rapid growth: 2 and 4 cm per day.
- You can grow in any soil type except ground limestone.
- Minimal water requirements: between 200-400 mm / m2 / year.
- Optimum growth of plant between 120 c and 500c
- Number of harvests per year: 2 and 6.
- Non-edible plant for both humans as for animals.
- Minimum production per hectare: 50 tons.
- Redeemable Thermal energy : 4,350 Kcal . per kg.
- Does not require the use of pesticides.
The biomass produced may be mixed with municipal solid wastes that have already been processed and can achieve a performance of 5,000 kcal/kg.